Choosing the right toothbrush can be hard when there are hundreds of choices in different shapes, sizes, styles, and brands. What you need to do is choose the right toothbrush for you! Dr. Henry Bowman and our dental professionals here in Houston, Texas, want to help you pick the right brush for your smile. Here are some tips to find the best toothbrush for you:
– Brush bristles come in a variety of shapes including trimmed, rippled, flat, or even in a dome shape. Use a brush with soft bristles to get rid of plaque on the teeth and debris between the teeth.
– Rectangular- or tapered-shaped heads that are small are effective in getting rid of plaque and debris, especially in hard-to-reach corners.
– Handles with a non-slip grip make for an easier hold, and a flexible neck makes it simpler to reach hard-to-reach angles.
– Get a new toothbrush when the bristles are worn out or if three months have passed (worn-out bristles could damage your gum tissues).
– If you’ve had a mouth infection or sore throat, or been sick with the flu or cold, it’s time to replace it. Leftover germs could lead to another infection or make you sick again.
– Let your toothbrush dry between brushes in a dry area.
– Keep a cover on your toothbrush when you travel to prevent flattened bristles and protect against germs.
– Electric toothbrushes are another great alternative to hit hard-to-reach spots and not wear out your arm with vigorous brushing.
Talk to your dentist about what toothbrush is best for you and your smile. Visit Henry B. Bowman, DDS to get the best dental care for you and your smile. Call us at 713-961-9894 here in in Houston, Texas, to set up a time to meet today!